BORNEO INTERNATIONAL BEADS AWARD (BIBA)
BIBA is now closed to more entries, sorry!
We extended the Closing Date for entries for just a few extra days beyond September 1, due to the public holidays around that time, but that period is now over.
The Borneo International Beads Award (BIBA) has been established to encourage creativity and original design in the field of bead–making, bead–working and creative bead–stringing. It is organized by Crafthub Sdn. Bhd. and supported by the
World Crafts Council (WCC) and World Crafts Council Asia Pacific Region (WCC–APR).
The purpose of the BIBA is to uplift the status of bead–working and bead–making artisans and artists.
BIBA was announced at BIBCo 2010 by Usha Krishna, President of WCC (World Crafts Council).
The first winners will be announced at the next BIBCo, 7 – 9 October 2011, in Kuching, Sarawak – donít miss it!
This international competition is open to any participant over 18 years of age. There is no restriction as to residence or nationality.
The Borneo International Beads Award competition is run in three main categories:
- Bead–work (‘seed beads’, rocaille) – personal adornment
- Bead stringing – necklace, bracelet etc – personal adornment
- Bead–making – glass, ceramic or other material; submit minimum three identical specimens of the entry
- 1st Prize — Award Trophy, a Certificate and USD 1000, one award for each category
- 2nd Prize — Award Trophy, a Certificate and USD 500, one award for each category
- 3rd Prize — Award Trophy, a Certificate and USD 300, one award for each category
- Honourable Mentions — Certificate of Merit in each category
Brochure and Entry Form
Full details of the competition, including the conditions of entry, are in the Brochure (pdf,293KB), which you can download here. An Entry Form (pdf,57KB) can also be downloaded. Or you can email us.